Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB) is a way to build budgets based on the number of customers you want to win or the types of marketing tasks you want to complete. Zero Based Budgeting works well with finance directors and CFOs because it directly relates your budget request to target business outcomes. It is much more convincing than simply saying “I need 10% more than last year”. This course will show you how to build a sophisticated and convincing budget model.
- Theory – what is Zero Based Budgeting and how does it work in marketing?
- Principles – how can ZBB be used by marketers?
- Populating the budget – key metrics and formulae for marketing ZBB
- Worked examples – a worked example of a full zero based budget model
- Discussion / Q&A
- Workshop Exercise (Applied Learning)
- Team Discussion
- Scoring (optional)
- Course evaluation
On completing this course you will understand how to build a “ground up” marketing budget and the financial principles of costing out different marketing channels to optimise your ROI.
Costs and timing
- Course duration: 1 day, 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Cost: £250 per delegate
- 10 or more delegates £200 per delegate
- Min 5 delegates (£1,250),
- Max 20 delegates (£4,000)
- Costs exclude VAT and any third party room hire / refreshments